September 9th, 2021 Meeting Minutes
Notes taken by Duke
22 people in attendance
6:03 PM, On a Thursday, 2225 Kohrman Hall
Cafe critique is back next week.
- Career zone as well.
Pandemic policy reminders- vaccinations and masks
- If only one in club room, you may take your mask off.
Blacktops- Karl talked about CS 2230, what the class is.
- Club usually makes board for the class to get revenue.
- This makes the class a lot easier.
- Assembly will be donated by Stryker.
- If you are interested in making a new barebones software for the microchips for your senior project in the next two years, talk to Karl.
- In need of about msp430's due to shortages, if you have one you don't want we will buy it from you.
Discussed chip shortage and why it is happening
Purchases- what we might need for the room
- Make a list for what we need in the room, buy in bulk for the club
- Batteries, heatgun, better webcam for meeting streaming, snacks- send requests to Alu
- Halloween decorations?
- Have to vote as a club for bigger purchases
Memberships- new people talk to Alu to get signed up for an account, $10 membership fee
Resources available to students:
- Can ride Kalamazoo buses for free with Bronco ID
- Github offers student developer pack- free resources and programs to try out
- O'Rielly mediabooks free for students
- cclub has our own shelf of books to use
- library might have textbooks you can loan out