Thursday, February 10, 2000 Minutes by Zaphod
Members Present: Zaphod, Ozz, Pacd, Phorceph, Camber, Shelley, Chris, Rattles, Orien
1. Welcome to the club!! We have Coca Cola!!!!!
2. Status of Chris' Speaker, Lawrence Lessig, Constitutional scholar from Harvard. He is currently on sebaticle in Germany and can't get away until the next acedemic year. Discussing visiting scholar possibilities with Dr. Trenary. Viji likes the idea!!! To be continued!!!!!
4. We have 100MB ethernet cards!!! To be installed soon. It is a tonight kind of thing. Wait no 100MB switch!!! Motion to buy a switch by Ozz. Seconded by Pacd. Motion Carries. Soon we will buy a switch!!!
5. Treasurer Cashbox $133.40 8 new members!!! $80.00 No more course packs. 1 CD at $5.00
6. NFS discussion in three weeks given by Chris firstname.lastname@example.org
7. LaTeX Presentation by Ozz in two weeks!!!
8. Pacd is chewing on an idea!!! Klug is having a Linux day. Should we donate our time to that instead of a meeting. An all day celebration at Kalamazoo Public Library.
9. Talk on CVS in four weeks!!!! This is a version control system which tracks revisions in development. This will be given by Prof. Kaugers.i 10. Free laptops being located.
11. Meeting adjourned 6:41 p.m.