April 6, 2000 18:10
Present: ozz, zaphod, tmiley, rattles, sumrndm, zrodger, i-zak
1. Movie part at pacd's. This will happen at a time determined in last weeks minutes. I looked it up. It is April 21 at 7:00 p.m. Directions are as follows:
Location: 626 Summer Street Time: Approx 7:00 pm Date: Friday, April 21st Considerations: - Pleaes park in the street (not the driveway) - bring your own beverages (alcohol, pop, tea, whatever)--we may pick up some 2 liters but I can't gurantee it -pizza will be provided - the movies selection is up in the air (look for something sci-fi) Directions: From downtown: Take Kalamazoo avenue West (away from BL-94 towards US-131), keep in the right lane. The road forks, take it right (you're now on Douglas), hang a left at the stop light (you are now on North), take a left on the first street, which is Summer St. The house is 3rd on the left, grey, kind of big and crappy looking. From Campus: Take Stadium towards downtown, keep left. Get in the lane that goes to Elm Crossover and take that over to Elm. Take elm north and then hang a left on Kalamzoo ave (see above for the rest of the story). Sorry I couldn't get a real map drawn... there was just no time (you can probably pull one up on mapquest if you need it). 2. One strand of Christmas lights work.
3. Do we buy a print cartridge....yes! Will we buy it from a spammer??? No!!! We have resolved to buy a print cartridge for our Epson Stylus Color Printer at a slightly more expensive price than that of the spammer. 4. Reminder: SETI at Home is not allowed on Yakko. Action will be taken if it is found running.
5. We are attempting to get some 486 DX 33. We can take some off of his hand. Some of them need to go to good homes. We are to refurbish a system and give it away to someone who can't afford a computer. Talk to zrodger for more info. 6. Magoo has been talking to the founders of the computer club and Yakko. They are interested in putting together a presentation. More info to come. If anyone is interested in contributing some of their experiences e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Major Domo? It is starting to come together.
8. Elections: President: Wes Vice President: Matt Treasurer: Ed Secretary: Erik Finance: Rodger Sysadmin: Ed is temporary acting sysadmin until someone else is found. Web Master: Izak Publicity: Cabe34
9. Major Domo works now!! Subscribe to email@example.com. type "subscribe cclub" in the body of the message. We are going to try and limit subscription to yakko addresses only. 10. Buying a Matrix Poster? Approved. zrodger will order one soon.
11. Suggestion: Publicity officer should send a monthly announcement regarding club activities to the CS department and the cclub mailing list.
12. 7:15 Meeting Adjourned.