October 16th, 2014 Minutes
Meeting begin 6:09pm
Head Count: 27
Mandatory is in town!
Plan meeting Sunday 2pm:
- Talk about everything done at plan
- What we did well on and what can be improved
- 1200 dollars from plan!
- Monofuel Reccomended Prusa I3 - reliable and open source design
- Most parts of the 3D printer can be printed on other printers or bought at home depot, etc.
- Going to vote next week at meeting about buying one and if so what model
- Kits could be around 500 dollars
- Some things we could use this for : Gearing system for door bot, Project boxes, little trophys, etc.
New VP of finance:
- Karras has gotten busy and decided to step down
- Grizzly is the new VP of finance
Defcamp and Pico CTF's:
- Defcamp October 18th at 11am - 20th
- Defcamp : giving away 3000 Euro in prizes and other gagets
- Pico October 27th - November 7th - aimed towards high schoolers so it is very beginner level for new CTF participants.
- October 26th Security build for CTF
- We need to plan and advertise for another legit workshop at parkview
Outgoing Mail Fixed!:
- Thank you DRC! We heart you!
- Badging system that fits into your resume
- Might implement that here?
- Platform being used by Microsoft and other big companys
- Bling cssquared sphinx segfault are interested in helping set this up
Shirts Will Be in by Halloween:
- Stay tuned for specific times
- 4pm Wednesdays in the bernhard center
- Student run organization
- Every semester they have tons of money to use and give away to groups like us
- Good to get involved with this organization
- They pay for different groups to go to conferences and other events
- If we prove we are of value, maybe they can pay for stuff like Hacking conventions!
- Talking about job readiness
- Company whiteout works for, located in kalamazoo
- Android development
- October 22nd at schneider hall 3350
Creating Websites for RSOs:
- Blind, and Andrew are interested
- We can get funding this way and get other organizations involved with what we do
Stringy Begins Talk
Meeting ends at 6:34pm