##February 12th, 2015 Minutes
- By Renix!
- improvements by flay
Meeting begin 6:12pm
- Wants to see us all institutionalize ourselves better
- Get better at making a regular processes for the club (Agenda, feeding & caring of younger members, inclusivity)
- Have younger members or any memebers jump in and help with projects and events more
- Steve Carr is willing to talk about the possibility of officers getting 1 credit hour for being a part in the club per semester.
- Think of new and better ways to bring up new members so they are always very involved
- We’re putting out a newsletter to get some publicity for the club.
- Demorest: WMU is offering vpn access to have place to play around and hack, maybe getting a subnet set up to play with and break stuff. This would be super cool for the club! We need someone to take the lead on setting it up.
- Start building up a database for club contacts old and new
- IRC is for everybody. Argue/Debate constructively.
- Anyone in the club can add topics to the agenda using !agenda command (Implemented in botler after friday)
- This will be on the minutes page of our website on the right hand column
###Bounty board reminder:
- Opportunity for you to get room access
- Anything on the board you are welcome to tackle or help with!
- Throw any seperate ideas you might have to the board
- This sysetm helps get people more involved in cclub
- Good way to talk to other people around the club about similar interests
- Michigan tech univ. bonzai brawl. You get a period of time to create an AI which plays a game http://bonzai.cs.mtu.edu/
- Head of this organization contacted us to do testing and maybe host a competition for one of these games
- We need people to beta test before hand and host the event itself
- April 11th would be the date this is held
- Typo is going to be help running this, we heart typo
###2 New IRC Channels:
- #ai Channel to talk about AI competitions (Bonzai/ Ant wars) and other AI related topics. https://cs.wmich.edu/~antman/index.php
- Implement an Ops policy for channels so we have codified rules for the moderators.
- #irc : Specific use channel for talk about Ops policy. Create a doc, throw it in the topic. Get started.
###Middle School Event:
- Maple Street middle school for the arts, right up Howard street
- Settled on doing robatics using lego mind storm with the kids
- The idea is just to guide them.
- Renix is super interested! As is sphinx, flay. Talk to demorest. His wife runs the thing.
- Would be around 3:30 ish to 5 ish
- Channel will be named #msr (middle school robotics)
###Card for Kapenga:
- Kapengas wife passed away earlier this week, typo has a card to sign if you would like to give your condolences
- This will mean a ton to him, please sign!
- This sunday at 2pm, anyone is welcome to come! Especially if you are interested in being an officer
- Next week!
- RPI 2 order
- This is what many of you joined for.
- Tomorrow @ 5:00pm (Friday)
- Stringy will be here to make sure we are all working together. Stringy is the bomb
- Anyone who wants to learn how to program collaboratively should come!
- Food will be brought
###When is Plan?:
- Weekend of March 27th
- Apparently Renix is taking care of doing shirts again!? Weeeee. SEND HER DESIGNS PLZ?!!?
- Thinking sundays for weekly plan meetings maybe around 1?
- Flay is talking to event coordinators tomorrow
- We would maybe have a few booths at the main event
###Boston Key Party at the end of this month
###Sphinx tonight was voted in as a LIFETIME MEMBER OF CCLUB! because we love him and he is amazing.
- Dear sphinx. You are one of my favorite people, because you put more people in me. Signed Cclub
- Due to a his exemplary service to the club, in matters such as increasing our revenue with the msp430 launchpad kits, assisting club members with homework for hours on end, and for being a general force for good in the club, we have voted sphinx as the newest lifetime member.
###Stringy Begins Git Talk *We recorded it! Talk will be listed in coming “videos” section of our site
##Meeting ends at 6:47pm
###Ben Got hired at apple *Went to gallaghers. Ben bought 6 pitchers of beer. *Much screaming *All praise ben.