Weekly Meeting Minutes, September 10th, 2015
Head Count: 26 Minutes by cpg
First Meeting of the 2015-2016 Academic Year!
- A welcome to our new members and a welcome back to our old ones!
- We do not currently have a door bot, so the most reliable way to tell whether the room is occupied is with the $office command. If your computer's MAC address is registered with fish (one of our bots) and you are in the room, members on IRC will see your nickname following the $office command.
- Type $office -r [Your MAC Address] into #geekboy and fish will register your computer.
- Officers of Computer Club are required to hold office hours in order to keep the room open for members that need help, or just want a place to hang out.
- Office hours can be found on our office hours calendar or our events page. Run $office in #geekboy if you would like to know what officers are in the room at any time.
Communities and Schools
- Last year, we sent some volunteers to the Main Street Magnet School for a robotics workshop for students.
- Contact sphinx, or send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering this year.
Fall 2015 Activities
- PLAN is our semiannual LAN party that takes place at the Parkview campus (College of Engineering and Applied Science).
- Fall PLAN 2015 will take place from November 7th through the 8th.
- Talk to Hardison, message him on IRC, or join the #plan channel for more information. If you would like to help out, we are always looking for volunteers.
- Capture the Flag events are cyber-security competitions that colleges or even high schools can participate in. The challenges involved range from software reverse-engineering puzzles to general trivia questions. People of every experience level are encouraged to join in, since there is always knowledge to absorb.
- The first CTF we will be participating in is the CSAW CTF. Join us between September 18th and 20th in the Computer Club room.
- If you would like to help us with Bronco Bash, meet us in the Computer Club office at 1 PM on Friday, September 11th. We will have table 216.