June 9th, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Notes taken by mobyte in emacs
6 people in attendance, including: mobyte, stringy, tank21, nospace, hellbacon, typo
6:08 PM, On a Thursday, 2225 Kohrman Hall
- This Saturday, come to Computer Club at 2:00 PM to show off new projects you have been working on.
- This gives you the chance to talk about your code in front of other people.
- Any types of projects are welcome, feel free to join us.
- If you would like to present or get some of your own ideas, check out this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTzhp31Dd8LRXgOTDCshvUZe9kaQHS1ky3g-7yf0c/edit.
- We got 8 new monitors from pasportit's office.
- What do we want to do with them?
- An idea we thought up was to create a giant display wall out of all of the monitors.
- With this, we could display new announcements in the room.
- If you're interested or have any ideas of your own, let us know in the #activities channel.
- cpg still needs help with Freshman Orientation.
- We need people that can talk about Computer Club to new potential members.
- Some upcoming times that you can help out at are June 8th, June 13th, and June 15th.
- Each day it is at 6:20 PM.
- If you would like to help out, please sign up at the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Af5JPge2ZR9hNfdFX-RbNfJ2cUBwSLJI6dEPIq2ne2Q/edit#gid=0.
- The BeagleBone works.
- We need to work on wiring to the arcade cabinet and installing games.
- We need help from anyone that can give us advice on wiring for the old arcade cabinet system.
- We are struggling to figure it out.
- Please let tank or nospace know if you are good with wiring or have experience with the arcade cabinet.
- It will run SNES, NES, and GameBoy games.
- We are still thinking about projector possibilities for the office.
- nospace is still looking for sponsors to possibly help us out with the cost.
- We are also looking for help from anyone that would be willing to help us pay for it.