Computer Club meeting: January 23, 1997
1. Members present: steve, tim, darron, darron, jay, ian, kim
2. Constitution -It was tooooooooo old. Times, they are a changin'. -We need an office manager. -We are going to modify the office positions... -VP of hardware and software...good bye!! -New position- Operations VP -overseeing operation of office pc's -VP of financing -assist the treasurer -money gathering for C-Club programs, especially from the University and C-Club members who are lax in their dues. -Web master -maintain C-Club web page and assist user in questions involving their own pages. -Executive board to be formed consisting of all officers. -this is designed specifically for the spring and summer -Officer attendance rules -After 3 consecutive or 4 total meetings missed, lose of position will result pending fellow officer approval. -Compensation for work done in name of C-Club -upper and lower bounds for consulting rates -legal issues for individual compensation arise -tax dilemma
3. Let's all help clean the fridge before something starts going....
4. Treasurer Position Nominations !!!!!! -Darron Slocum, come on down. You are the next contestant on "Suckered into the Treasurer position". -Someone anonymously nominated Donald... Somewhere off in the distance, a pin fell.
5. Foooooood!!!!! -We need more snack stuff in the office. Steve has volunteered to make a trip to SAM's sometime provided he is joined by another with a vehicle able to support the mass quantities transfer. Kim has volunteered. 6. Yakko as a dedicated Web server ? -Notion -> $5 a month for a non-C-club member home page (ie. no longer mandatory for person to have a C-Club account to operate own web page) - Guide lines for home page only accounts -daily hit quotas -etc. specified by a Web master
7. Yakko is being upgraded tonight. Everyone hold onto your Red Hat's...
8. We have a pencil sharpener !!!!!! Thank you John.
9. Systems page from the main C-Club web page needs updating to include all the services, station, etc we offer.
10. Need some ideas to put in our display case. Nothing too illegal please. 11. Darron is the new Treasurer. YEA!!!!
12. The constitution will be ratified and published by next meeting. If you have anything else important to discuss, talk to Tim.
13. Meeting ended 7:03 pm. Thank you drive through.