Computer Club Meeting : Jan 30, 1997
1. Members present : steve, tim, darron, ian, jay, chris, john, craig, chris, mike, steve, john, norm.
2. Smile for the cameras... Jay has again proposed the notion of producing a commercial on cable access t.v. We need scripts, ideas, people etc. Thinking about promoting linux and possibly selling the commercial on VHS tapes to others. Ideas: 1) feuding laptop...Win 95, Linux, etc 2) Office worker rubbing fellow co-worker about being done with his project because he was using Linux Write your script in any old text file and send it to the Jay or the C-Club, act it out at the next meeting, do what ever...it's totally open to suggestion.
3. A notion was mentioned about creating various shareware programs. A Win 95 ftp distribution utility was suggested. Those interested in getting involved, contact 'tmiley'.
4. We are tearing Yakko apart today and whipping it into shape. New version, old bugs, password security, etc. will be cleaned up. Cross your fingers, hold your breath, do a dance...
5. James Nelli.... You are responsible for cleaning the coke bath off the walls of the C-Club office and the poor VT who probably deserved it anyway.
6. The Constitution It is done, ratification by the members is needed. Thinking about email voting. The new constitution is on the web. Take a look. If you have any strong feeling one way or the other, email 'tmiley'.
7. Meeting ended promptly at 6:38 pm. Live long and perspire.