Computer Club meeting : March 13, 1997
1. Members present : steve, tim, darron, darron, jay, kim,ian craig
2. Officers absent : Donald.
2. Battletech -Those who went had great fun. The scores will be posted soon onto the home page. -Jay parallel parked in a 15 person van!!! yikes. Everyone lived to tell about it.
3. Hardware -Steve has access to a bunch of 24 pin printers and a laser printer! He will get those in as soon as he makes a trip up north. -Darron has several XT's he's bringing in.
4. We are short one officer, so Darron Christian will be our Vp of operations.
5. The constitution passed 27 to 2. We needed 2/3 total vote, which we got by a margin of two.
Voting results for constitutional amendment Compiled by Tim Miley
Votes in favor of resolution: 29 Votes in opposition of resolution: 2 Votes of abstention: 12 Votes disqualified due to non-student: 2
Total votes of qualified members: 29 Total number of qualified members: 108 Total votes required: 27
By a vote of 27 to 2, the constitutional amendment passes. So declares the President of the Computer Club of WMU, Tim Miley, on Thursday, March 6, 1997.
Secretary concurrence by Steve Sedore
Votes in favor of resolution: 29 Votes in opposition of resolution: 2 Votes of abstention: 12 Votes disqualified due to non-student: 2 Total votes of qualified members: 29 Total number of qualified members: 108 Total votes required: 27
I concur with the counts made by Tim Miley, President of the Computer Club, on Thursday, March 6. The constitutional amendment passes by a vote of 27 to 2.
6. We need a campus activities board representative to go to cab meetings and give input into cab activities on behalf of the computer club. Craig was nominated and unanimously voted as the rep.
7. Linux commercial -need about everything...props, actors, script. Ideas needed, people wanted.
8. Next Wednesday from 10 to 5, Micros and More will be having a stuff sale.
9. Thank you Kim for purchasing all the tableware we will ever need.
10. Please pay for your food items taken in the Computer Club office.
11. Quota increases : -For classwork -For special projects -1 meg more - $0.25 per month -users must email root if interested in a quota increase.
12. In two meetings, officers will be nominated for next year.
13. Jay will be giving his thesis next Friday somewhere in Dunbar at some time. Don't be late.
14. Meeting ended 6:35 pm. Luke...use the forks.