August 21st, 2014 Minutes
by typo again (hi)
Meeting begin 6:22pm
Headcount: 13 heads counted
Strap in y'all this is gonna be a long one
- Ccow design currently winning
- URL to vote is in the topic of #geekboy; About 6 more people wanted tshirts
- Ordering will most likely happen 1-2 weeks into Fall 2014 semester
- Room is now re-cored. Old keys function again.
- AC is set to be on 24/7, keeps the room about 75 degrees
Caes can bring in another AC to help cool servers and room; Caes++
Looking at Projector screen on craigslist to mount and pulldown for the room
If you know any businesses that are interested in donating things to us, they can use it as a tax writeoff as we are a 501c3
- Tax deduction applies to all donations, from businesses.
Still figuring out where furniture will be permanently
Thanks to all who helped room move! All who didn't, beg for forgiveness. You're bad.
List of things to happen:
- Room speakers need to be set up / mounted above whiteboard
- Moving room and organizing the items we have
Purchases and potential purchases
- We voted on purchasing a printer, but are looking for a laser printer that can do pcb etching. *Caes might have a huge one we can pick up from Ann Arbor, if we can find room for it.
Digital osciliscope, looking at one that is versatile for $400. Has capture to USB. Probably a Rigol or Tektronix
Why is this something we want?
- Signal analysis, troubleshooting microcontrollers, you are able to tell if a circuit doing what it is meant to do
Variable benchtop power supply. 0V-30V and up to 3A
Ice cream? Good idea Karras. 2nd'd.
Ordering an 8port belkin KVM as our old one fried
GUYS WE NEED FLYERS AND WE NEED TO POST THEM
- This event is the one we held last year and roped in lots of new members/friends
- This is happening the August 28th 1-4:30pm
- We are given a room to set up things that represent Computer Club and pique interest
- Stringy, Pluggles, Misclik tentatively. Whiteout, Caes, Hardison, Heinz, Sphinx, Flay volunteer. Anyone/Everyone else welcome.
We will bring the MAME cabinet, Oculus rift, lockpick demo, and CTF alongside Game inventor Club.
Bronco Bash, can we sneak in?
- Too late to get a table at the moment
- Whiteout will see what he can do, he may be able to pull a string
- We're blaming Renix for something or other I didn't hear this part so well
Karras let us know we are invited to the "Block party"
- It is kinda like bronco bash, slightly more intimate
- This is more about talking with the groups for longer than a moment
- More of a smaller festival
- BBQ, hotdogs refreshments etc
- On Locus street, in vine neighborhood
- September 7th
- Starts 12pm goes to 8pm
- Flay, Caes, Pluggles, Heinz, Misclik can tentatively help
Pizza w/ a prof?
- Flay will talk to Trenary about this
- CSAW, CTF EVENT
- September 19th, we will be participating in CSAW
- Whiteout will be leading this event
- A grand event, much fun, CSAW TV is bonkers
- Very accessible CTF, even for beginners.
- Have presence at other events
- Ask teachers to plug us in during class
- Whiteout will be plugging GIC, will also talk about Cclub a bit
- Clean the room, organize it, make it presentable
- Mame needs to be fixed
- Pluggles is on it - - -