Meeting Minutes for April 16th, 2015
Minutes by cpg
Head Count: 24
Graphics by Kami
- Kami has designed some nice graphics for us to use on shirts, business cards, etc.
- Business Cards
- The designs aren't finalized yet, but have been generally well received.
- Our next move is to create some kind of merchandise section for the website.
- Join #officers on IRC to discuss graphics further.
- If you have existing graphics that Computer Club has used in the past, please send them to cokezero (email@example.com).
- Note that we are required to call ourselves "Computer Club AT Western Michigan University."
Middle School Robotics
- Thanks to sphinx, cchao, and camtar for helping out with the Middle School Robotics program!
- Talk to demorest or email Emily Demorest (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are still interested in helping out with this.
- This is an after-school event that involves teaching kids to build things out of Little Bits as well as program.
- Plaid CTF starts tomorrow (Friday, April 17th) at 5 PM and runs at 48 hours.
- This is one of the highest rated CTFs that we participate in, so join us!
- Join #ctf on IRC for more information.
- Dan Dyla has suggested backing up yakko to Amazon Glacier.
- This is $6 per full 600GB backup, and about $65 for retrieval.
- Out of Yakko's full capacity, 652 GB is currently being used.
- Currently we do not have a backup system, so please keep your own backups of anything you keep on yakko.
- Computer club will soon start sending out professional looking newsletters.
- Newsletters can possibly contain articles written by Computer Club members.
- Thanks to giggles for setting up the server ben donated as a VM host ("cflock").
- It could definitely use RAM, though.
- We're selling our old servers that are sitting around in the room.
- $7-8 per server. Come by the room to pick one up.
- To cpg for getting hired with the WSA
- And to brandon(stryxpon) for getting hired at UofM