Weekly Meeting - July 30, 2015
Minutes by cpg
Head Count: 13
- At Dr. Trenary’s request, we are collecting testimonials about Computer Club from our members, alumni and student alike. Since this club has been such a large part of our lives, their experiences and memories will be very valuable. This will go into the newsletter and onto the website in order to give the outside community a more clear idea of what we are about.
- Please send any stories and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our room is currently in the process of becoming MIOSHA compliant.
- flay, stringy, and Dr. Trenary have met with two members of the OSHA committee and the building manager of Kohrman Hall. The overall tone of the meeting was very positive.
- flay is currently working on the content of our first newsletter to be sent to the university community.
- It is scheduled to be sent out at the beginning of the Fall 2015 semester.
- We would like to purchase a camera to ensure the production quality of our future videos.
- Our allocation for the camera with other audio and video equipment is $500.
Middle School Robotics
- The middle school robotics program will be starting up again this fall. You may contact Emily Demorest (email@example.com) for information.
Saleae Logic Analyzer
- We will be getting a significant educational discount for a Saleae Logic Analyzer to complement our oscilloscope.
- This discount also applies to other university students. If you would like to buy one for yourself, Computer Club can put yours on the same order. Contact flay (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, August 3rd if you interested.
Kalamazoo Public Library
- The Kalamazoo Public Library is a possible venue for Computer Club to hold demonstrations for local children.
- Any ideas for an interactive event geared toward middle school and/or elementary students are welcome.
- Contact flay (email@example.com) with any personal projects relevant to Computer Club that you would like featured in the newsletter.
- There is a to-do list on the wiki with tasks that officers and other members are encouraged to help with.
- giggles has created a LinkedIn group for us: https://goo.gl/YzEkAb