October 20th, 2016 Meeting Minutes
Notes taken by mobyte in emacs
27 people in attendance, including: strongth, nospace, stringy, hypnotoad, cpg, mobyte, kami
6:01 PM, On a Thursday, 2225 Kohrman Hall
- Today we received a new camera and microphone that we purchased.
- We will need an XLR cable for the microphone to use it.
- We are planning on using these to record Computer Club talks and other events in the future.
Java Review Session
- Last Saturday we helped out CS1 students in a programming workshop.
- We got some feedback from a student telling us that it was helpful for the coding part of their exam.
- Thanks to everyone from the Computer Club that volunteered!
- We are planning on taking old and outdated books from the Computer Club office library and selling them to Amazon for credits.
- We can then use these credits to buy new books.
- If you would like to help us identify the useful books or if you want to purchase any of the old books, let an officer know.
- Thanks to ohhaimark for cleaning our Model Ms and for cleaning other tables around the room!
- typo is still going to help contribute to purchasing the server, but his contribution may depend on how much the server costs.
- hellbacon is still in the process of choosing a server to purchase.