21 people in attendance Notes taken by acp_
- Febuary 9th in the Bernhard Center in the Ballroom from 10am to 1pm, virtual is 3-6pm
- Employers may be different at both so it may be worth going to both
- Online requires registration
Denso coming back
- Cafe Critque is a good way for resume critiquing
- Hiring managers will come talk to you about how to make your resume better
- You will want to bring a printed out version of your resume
- You can also email your resume to email@example.com and have it reviewed that way
- In person is generally recommended for better feedback
- Career zone is open and is good for resume critques
- They will try to help you find internships or jobs after graduation
- Always a good idea to get your resume reviewed
- March 14
- It is a big fundraiser day for all RSOs through engineering department
- All money that is donated during that event goes straight to RSO
- A pie eating contest is also being pushed very heavily
- There are prizes depending on donations
- If you know someone who wants to donate please let them know
- Open houses for students that are already incoming to Western.
- One upcoming one is for Honors College students in particular
- Scott is out with COVID so we may have a bit of a delay in what we need
- 1/28 has a bunch of new students, so be nice to them
- WMU holding new event on April 2nd, this is a Saturday
- We don’t really know what it is but we should be prepared to participate, it may be a recruiting event
- It will be held at the bernhard
- Weekend of March 19
- Middle and High Schoolers will be taken to Western to do small science projects
- Our event will be called “WiFi Lab”
- This is the first time we will be doing this event.
- You get a free tshirt for showing up and working
- Kharl is putting together manufacturting plan with Stryker for blacktops
- These should really help students in 2230
- We will have to make choice on how many we need to make
- 80 will be need to cover this semester and summer classes, 140 will be needed for adding fall semester
- Semi Conducter shortage is making this quite a bit harder than it should be.
- Many circuit boards have already been made but we need to populate boards with parts
- There is a lot of decision making that needs to be made in #officers for this decision
- Stryker has been very useful in this project
- Stryker is using newer pick and place robots that need a new file format that KiCad does not produce
- Kharl should be able to send new panel design to Stryker
- Hopefully Stryker should be able to complete board manufacturing automatically as well.
- Will need to do another solder party to solder and test boards.
- We are currently building a modular synth
- This is an analog synth that is composed of multiple modules to generate music
- They are generally put into a rack similar to a server, allowing you to hook the signal generators and modifiers together to make interesting sounds
- We should start putting it together soon.
- It would be cool to take it to Bronco Bash and show new students music that was made by a machine club built
- Flay will be sending us a new lockpicking kit so we can teach lockpicking again
- Hosting hackathon in early April
- We are currently working on migrating chat, vault, website, and wiki.
- After chat is moved we will wipe dot, allowing us to host other stuff using the machine
- Waiting for ccawmu.org domain transfer from typo, for now he can manually enter DNS records
- Migration is going to server on Linode instead of locally.
- We may be able to request money from school to pay for costs.
Linux Install Party
- Next week we will be doing a Linux install party.
- This is a very good idea for any students in 2230 or 3240
- This is a good idea for any other students that are not in 2230 or 3240 as well.