Computer Club meeting : February 6, 1997
1. Members present: steve, chris, jay, tim, darron, darron craig, chris
2. Linux commercial -We are not making any money for it...So let your mind run free. Only stipulation is that it has to be about Linux. Hopefully, we can get this on the air, on the net on every pc across the world...whatever. -Scripts needed. Write a script and bring it to the next meeting. Be creative!!!
3. Chicago trip -Thinking about going on the Weekend of March 4th. Just for the day. Goin' to Visit Battletech Center. -Messages need to be displayed to determine number of people going. Money...still being worked out by the the treasurer. -Money? for...meals, van,
4. Yakko -Works perfectly, but...last years 1.6 gig drive is not working well with others. Yakko does run better but we are down a drive. -Web server is back up, old CGI files are toasted though. -Someone is running a mud on yakko...what? He didn't get authorization and yakko's cpu may be having trouble, so it has been decided to ask this person politely renice his processes.
5. Jay motioned that we get a brand new motherboard with a new cpu for the Club. Thinking about a Pentium Pro 200...ooooh. We may need to start a fund raiser to pay for this mother. Ideas are welcome.
6. Jay also motioned that we get business cards for the Club, $9 for 1000.
7. "We have had a web page for '4 f%@king years'"-Jay This is in response to the Western Herald article published this past Monday about Western's student web page ability.
8. Fund raiser -Teach html. -Advertise our web site and publishing ability. We don't censor our pages. -Posters, Herald Ad, radio ad, etc. promoting the club -Maybe raise C-club membership to $25 a year.
9. Once we get things a little more stable, Wiley will be the new dedicated Mud server, Wakko will hold the new bbs.
10. Chris is resigning????? -For the time being...Rationale: Ask him yourself.
11. Office hours -Mail steve the times you are free and willing to hold office hours.
12. Web or web+mial only accounts -Still in the workings. But it will happen. -Prices for each will be raised next meetings
13. Price for membership up to $25 a year will be voted on next meeting. Be here if you want to voice a concern.
14. Meeting ended 7:14 pm. Go ahead, make my day!