Computer Club meeting : February 20, 1997
1. Members present : steve, tim ,jay, kim, ian, don, darron, darron craig, john, mike, ozz
2. Constitution: Changes: -VP of hardware and software positions are now melded into one title- VP of operations -Standing committee article will be deleted -Definition of exec board -New positions: Office manager, Web master, System manager -Officer attendance policy -Compensation for project activities Voting : It was decided, by voting of the members present, that email voting shall be permitted on acceptance of the new constitution. Only one vote per account, obviously. Voting shall begin next Thursday and run through to March 2, 1997. Email root. 3. Hollywood: -Ideas and scripts still needed. Mail Jay. -A 6 pack of bells will be given to the one with the best idea!!
4. Hardware: -We are putting another machine up for a mud, only drawback is that it only has 8 megs of ram. We are in the workings of getting more. -We have a NeXT monitor that is useless until we can find some way to interface with it. -An idea was raised that the old Win95 games machine, the one with the pentium chip, be used for the muds. It has 32 megs of ram and the power to run 3 muds.
5. Let's learn JAVA... -And all of us together develop a big project, ohhh! Posibly write a video game in JAVA. Starflight (a thinking space game) ? Work in small teams on small pieces. 6. Yakko is now upgraded to Red Hat 4.1!! Wakko and Dot are soon to follow.
7. Banners...we need more banners around campus informing people of all the goodies we have in the office.
8. Html class: Three classes, 2.5 hours a piece. 1st class - familiarization with html 2nd class - frames and graphics 3rd class - animation and CGI.
-Disk with editors and documentation will be given out to those who take the class. -Community members will be invited, special rates will be given to C-Club members and students. -Also with the class, WMU students will be given the oportunity to have a web account.
9. Membership due: -$25 a year for an account and a membership, raised from $20. -Talks are still in progress about pro-rating for joining half way into the year.
10. Meeting ended 7:12 pm. Keep on truckin'.