Minutes for 4-17-14
Meeting starts at 6:11pm
- Planning on first week in June, there is a google form to vote
- Worlds largest hacking convention
- Anyone planning to attend?
- Going to be at the Rio
- Talk w/ flay and start poking around with irc bots
- Helpful to learn python or other coding languages
- TOOOL has been sold out for several weeks
- They said they would be in soon, however if you want a refund let Flay know
- drc has donated a bunch of small boxes loaded with linux that are loaded with some gps and similar such functions
- pulled from cars
- Building a new PC. No name yet, qq animaniacs
- Built mostly of donated parts, however we have allocated fund to upgrade computers already
- We need a motherboard, psu, and some RAM.
- Overthewire, a good website for training and simple learning CTF
- New CTF event this friday, might not be big because of exams.
- Planning on finishing up uber yakko this summer
- Announce it in IRC so the drones can flock to the horde
- jack thinks it'd be cool if we ran homecloud on uberyakko
- /j #sysops
- make a list of things that get done as they get done
- AJ and Malakii can help
- A kickstarter 3d printer
- Tiny, but not unreasonable for hobby use
- It's pre-assembled, and cost effective. $300 dollars.
- May have to wait a year or so to get it
- Should do more research before making a purchase
- More likely purchase option
- Heated pads vs. non-heated:
- ABS sticks together nicer, more issues of warping. Requires 100 degree celcius for the printing bed. PLA requires little to no heat.
- /j #projects
- Website AJ set up for AI challenge
- Upload a boat in any language
- Server simulates ant bots fighting other ants, challenge is to be the best
- Future competition?
- Currently 6-7 bots, tutorial bots
- Check out the website or Talk to AJ for further info
- on front page is a link to a zip that works w/ windows, linux and mac designed to help run a python ant bot.
Meeting ends 6:48pm