Meeting April 2, 2015
Head Count: 23
- Green Bay packaging in Kalamazoo is looking for an IT employee. Talk to Dr. Trenary for more information.
- For fall and spring, we may be able to get $1000 per year to distribute to the club as a tuition.
- The original idea is to give this to the President and Vice President.
- This takes effect in July, the beginning of the next academic year.
- This is an incentive to get more people committed.
- Dr. Trenary would like to get us a logo and other branding.
- He would like to have workshops, such as dual booting and other things students may need help with.
- Emily Demorest’s program at the middle school would help us with this.
- Getting our 501c3 status would also be helpful. It is being worked on right now.
- 501c4 allows for political advocacy.
- The deadline for signup is tomorrow, April 3.
- This is an artificial intelligence competition that involves writing a competitive game bot.
- If you are interested, register now. The fee is $10.
- Sign up here and bring the form to the Computer Science Department office.
- We need to schedule an after-PLAN meeting.
- Tomorrow, Friday, April 3, 2015
- At the next hackathon tomorrow, we will be working on the PLAN website.
- There will be food.
- There will be a position opening in the WSA for developing their website.
- This is a paid position.
- We should to have as many computer club members as possible applying.
- UIU CTF put on by Illinois
- Tomorrow, Friday, 8:00 PM EST for 24 hours.
- 69 teams have already registered
- We will be doing this primarily, with the hackathon as an alternative even to participate in.
- The room will be open at 3:00 PM on Friday.
Hidden Website Things
- Movie Mondays are open to Computer Club members.
- Google Analytics is set up.
- sink is in charge of recording talks.
- Does anyone want to help him with setting up recording talks.
- We just need a good headset right now.
- We made about $1300 from Spring PLAN 2015.
- Thanks Hardison!
- If anyone is interested in being involved in the treasury to help with finances, let us know.
- We have a lot to discuss at the after PLAN meeting, including when to schedule the next one.
- We will be opening registration and starting marketing for the next PLAN earlier.
Meeting Agendas webapp
- Dickweed has created a webapp for adding meeting agenda items.
- It is on the Minutes section of our website.
- Sea cow logo products like T-Shirts, stickers, business cards, etc.
- Election results take effect at the beginning of the next term.
- There are five constitutional officer positions: President, Executive VP, Secretary, Treasurer, VP of finance.
- The president is in charge of removing obstacles, being the face of computer club, and delegating tasks.
- The vice president helps out the president with administration.
- The secretary is in charge of minutes, and possibly event scheduling in the future.
- The treasurer is in charge of watching the flow of money.
- The VP of finance facilitates buying what we need, and proposals to WSA.
- The sysadmin maintains yakko along with others.
- The webmaster is in charge of the website and collaboration over it.
- There is a proposed officer position for outreach.
- Officers are required to attend meetings and hold office hours.
Executive Vice President
VP of Finance
VP of OPs
VP of AV