Weekly Meeting Minutes, November 5th, 2015
- Head Count: 25
- Minutes by cpg
- PLAN is this weekend! Admission starts at 10 AM on Saturday, November 7th, at the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- whatistheplan.com has more information.
- Setup will begin tomorrow (November 6th) at 6 PM in the Computer Club office. If you are a tournament director for PLAN, please see Hardison sometime on Friday.
- If you would still like to volunteer, fill out this spreadsheet. Hardison will also be able to sign off for volunteer hours if you need them.
Computer Club Bank Account
- Our current treasurer, Ryan DePrekel (“buttercup”), has been attached to the PNC bank account.
Computer Club Christmas List
- Our alumni have suggested that we create a Christmas wish list with items that Computer Club could benefit from.
- Starting off this wish list will be a hotend and a webcam for the 3D printer.
- Mention any more suggestions to buttercup through IRC or email.
Academic Computing Society
- ACS is an RSO based at the engineering college that has recently become active again. It is a project-oriented Computer Science and Data Science organization.
- One of our members, kell, is currently serving as president, and Dr. John Kapenga is the faculty advisor.
- If you are interested, meetings are at 7 PM on Wednesdays at the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The room for next week (November 11th) is yet to be determined.
- You can keep up with this new club by joining the Facebook Group.
- giggles would like help setting up a VM server and Oracle Database server. Talk to him on IRC for more information.
- kyledad7 is selling 1 TB Western Digital Green hard drives. They are in the Computer Club office right now. Private message him on IRC if you are interested.
- A 1-credit Computer Science course will be available next semester under CS 5950. The current meeting time is 2 PM on Fridays in the Computer Club office.
- Friday, November 13th, at 7 PM, we will be meeting in the Computer Club office to work on our in-house CTF with Hardison.